Friday, October 12, 2012

"A Letter to Man"

Dear Reader,
This entry is a departure from my usual format, but I think it will touch you just the same. I believe that the male species is under attack. Too often, women talk about how bad men are to them. How much pain and destruction they cause. The problem with that discussion is that it benefits no one. It uplifts no one. Let's try look at man the way God sees His wonderful creation.
Enjoy,
Dapoet
____________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Man,
     For the first time in my life I see you as God sees you. No longer are you a burden filled with excuses, carried by society, pardoned by the unknowledgeable. Now, I see you for who you really are. A MANifestation of God's unimaginable raw power. Every curve a testimony to His craftsmanship. Your muscles a prophetic reflection of His strength. As opposition makes each muscle strengthen is as opposition makes God's radiant glory even more expansive. What a wonder you are...MAN.
     And how my heart breaks for you. How you've walked away from the very Foundation that makes you great. Captured by the lights and glamour of it all, you've given up. The serpent's sweet smell has called you into the night to be decapitated by temptation. And when the sun rises you return to me broken and bruised and defeated. The same abuse you suffered you inflict and afflict on me. How your heart has strayed from Him and therefore from me.
      I had given up on you. Counted you out. Tried to move on. But He said, "No!" He told me I was your intercessor. The weapon Satan had not counted on. "The Help" He purposed for you in Creation. Oh how He loves you. I do too, you know. Because His love lives deeply and richly in me-- I love you.
      So what do you say to all this? Do you deny His gift? Continue to stray? Or do you reconcile? Be blessed from now until...until forever.  I love you.
Awaiting Your Response,
Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment